What are the different combinations of the Dual Program available to enroll in?
The different combinations of the Dual Program are as follows:
- 2 bachelor’s degree programs (2 different departments)
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 2-year diploma program (2 different departments)
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 1-year certificate program (2 different departments)
- 2 accredited 2-year diploma programs (2 different departments)
- 2 accredited 1-year certificate programs (2 different departments)
- A 2-year diploma program and a 1-year certificate program (2 different departments)
- Any bachelor’s degree
program exceptthe BAIS and the Bridge to MAIS (BMAIS) program
- Intensive Arabic Program and any bachelor, diploma, higher diploma, or certificate program
The departments at the IOU are:
- Department of Education
- Department of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Arabic Language and Linguistics
Can I do BAIS and BMAIS together under the Dual Program?
No, this combination is not possible to undertake.
Is it possible to combine GQMC and any bachelor’s / diploma / certificate course under the Dual Program?
No, the GQMC is not under the Dual Program. You can do a bachelor’s and GQMC side by
I want to do MAIS and B.Sc.
IBE together; is this possible under the Dual Program?
You can take the MAIS and B.Sc.
I'm studying a bachelor's program at the IOU and have completed the first semester Arabic courses. Can I be included in IAP now and continue with my second semester in IAP or do I have to start again?
You may join IAP now under the Dual Program and apply for internal credit transfer for the common courses between your bachelor’s and IAP. Once you apply and pay for your internal credit transfer, you do not need to redo the same courses at the IAP again.
What is the maximum duration to complete the Dual Program?
The maximum duration varies across the various combinations of the programs:
- 2 bachelor’s degree programs (2 different departments) = maximum 12 years
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 2-year diploma program (2 different departments) = maximum 12 years
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 1-year certificate program (2 different departments) = maximum 12 years
- 2 accredited 2-year diploma programs (2 different departments) = maximum 6 years
- 2 accredited 1-year certificate programs (2 different departments) = maximum 3 years
- A 2-year diploma program and a 1-year certificate program (2 different departments) = maximum 6 years
- Any bachelor’s degree program, except the BAIS and the Bridge to MAIS (BMAIS) program = maximum 12 years
- Intensive Arabic Program and any bachelor, diploma, higher diploma, or certificate program = maximum 12 / 6 / 4.5 / 3 years respectively
What happens when there are courses that I have already taken in one bachelor's program that coincide with my other program under the Dual Program? Do I take the courses again?
No, you do not have to repeat them. You can pay the internal credit transfer fee and you will receive the credits for your second program as well.
How will I attend live sessions if there is a clash in class timings in my Dual Program?
As you may be aware that the University has launched a revised model of tutorial support for most of the old courses, hence new courses which have been freshly launched will have live sessions till it is phased out gradually. You may learn more details about it herehttp://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/faqnu/search.php
If the live session timing of two freshly launched courses clash, you can attend any one of them and later watch the recording of the other one. If you watch the recording of any of them at your convenient time, you will be entitled to receive the attendance marks as applicable, in sha Allah.
Switching between the Streams on Campus
How will I switch between my two streams of study on campus? Do I need two different ids?
No, you do not need two different user accounts/IDs.
Please carefully note that you must NOT open a new account to register for the Dual Program. One account is sufficient. Creating more than one account will cause
Using this link here you can switch between your two streams of study on campus with the same student account (same id).
Inside the campus, how will I know which stream I am currently logged into?
You can view your current stream name at the top right corner of the page, right below your name, in shaa Allaah. After switching your stream here, please REFRESH your page and you will be able to see that you have switched your stream.
How do I pay for my second stream of study under the Dual Program from the website?
Pause Dual Program Temporarily
Can I put a pause to my dual program registration at any given point of my studies?
Yes, you may halt your studies in one stream temporarily and continue with your other stream of study. However, please note that the maximum time period will not be increased even if you put a pause to your studies in both or either of the streams for a while.
Can I apply for exemption from marks deduction to appear for my exams in the late exam period because I'll be giving the 2nd program during that period?
No, registering for the Dual Program does not entitle you to receive exemption from 15% marks deduction. You may apply for exemption from 15% marks deduction only when there is a valid medical issue or if you are going for Hajj or Umrah. Please note that you need to submit the relevant documents along with your application for marks exemption.
Cancel Dual Program Altogether
Can I cancel my dual program registration at any given time and opt for one degree only?
It is allowed to cancel the dual program registration. However, please carefully note that there will be no refund of the semester registration fees, internal credit transfer fees and other course drop, grade transfer etc.
Do I have to repeat the common courses in both the programs?
No, you do not have to repeat them. You can do the common courses in one program and then receive internal credit transfer in your other program by paying the internal credit transfer fee, in shaa Allaah.
When shall I pay for the internal credit transfer?
You need to pay your internal credit transfer fee for the common courses completed as soon as you complete them. Otherwise, your grade history or transcript will not reflect the common courses completed in the other stream. This may prevent you from enrolling
How much can I delay paying for my internal credit transfer?
You must pay the ICT fee before entering your final semester of studies in the Dual Program.
I have completed the prerequisite of one of my courses in my other stream
the Dual Program. Yet I am unable to enroll into it. What shall I do now?
Please pay internal credit transfer fee for the course and apply for internal credit transfer. In
Certificate and Transcript
Shall I receive one combined certificate / one transcript for my dual degree, or will it be two distinct sets of certificate and transcript?
Once you meet the graduation requirement of each of your degrees under the Dual Program, you will be awarded with distinct certificate and transcript for each of your degrees. Hence, upon successful completion, you will receive two distinct sets of certificate and transcript under your Dual Program registration.