A Comprehensive Study Guide for All the Streams except IAP and MAIS
- A student can enroll in up to six courses per semester with one-semester registration fees and a maximum of nine courses per semester with one-and-a-half-semester registration fees in all the streams offered at the IOU Campus except IAP.
- Once the payment is confirmed and logged in your profile, you may proceed to enroll in the selected courses. Based on the confirmation and login of your fees, you may enroll using the following portals:
- Course Enrollment portal: This portal remains accessible throughout the enrollment period. The enrollment period is defined as:
Spring Semester: March 1-30
Fall Semester: September 1-30
Note: The admin may extend the enrollment period for a few days in a particular semester depending on the circumstances.
- Early Enrollment portal: You may use this portal to enroll in the upcoming semester if your fees are confirmed and logged after the current semester’s enrollment period has ended or you have missed the enrollment deadlines. This will give you an access to the courses without waiting for the commencement of the next semester’s enrollment period. For more details regarding the early enrollment, click here.
Once your enrollment is complete, you need to log out of the Campus site and log in again to access the courses.
- You may access your courses by clicking the “Courses” tab located at the top of the Campus page.
2. Click on the name of the course to access the relevant course page.
3.The course material consists of:
- Course text in PDF. The basic texts used for teaching the course are downloadable, printable, PDF files. The supplementary reading texts are indicated only. We do not provide soft copies of the study material.
- Course details in PDF. They include a syllabus, the name of the instructor of the course, details of the tutorial assistant assigned to the course, and so much more.
- Recorded sessions (video and audio) of the actual classes taught on that subject. We recommend that the students watch the videos at least once. The audios MP3 are extracted from the same videos.
- Supplementary recorded sessions.
4. The course material is available for download from the course page.
5. Each course consists of 20-30 recorded module video sessions and recorded supplementary sessions, which can also be downloaded so that you may study offline as well.
6. Video and audio recordings are available for each module. The content of both, the video and the audio, are same. So you may either watch the video or hear the audio at your convenience.
- You should begin your studies by watching the video or listening to the audio recording and reading the corresponding text of Module 1.
- In addition, to have a clear understanding, it is recommended to watch the recorded supplementary session corresponding to the module.
- After having thoroughly studied Module 1, you should take the Module 1 test. The test consists of multiple choice questions and the test score is displayed immediately after the test attempt.
- After completing the Module 1 test, you should proceed to Module 2 and follow the same procedure as for Module 1 until the end of the course.
- The number of modules that has to be completed before the midterm exams, i.e., pre-midterm modules, and the number of modules that has to be completed after the midterm exams, i.e., post-midterm modules can be checked from the “Components” section of the course page located at the right-hand side.
6. The assignments are released one month after the commencement of the semester. You may check the exact release date here. The assignment link is below the pre-midterm modules. Please check this link for further details regarding the assignment.
7. Module tests and midterm exams can be taken at home within the prescribed time period. For the current semester’s midterm and final exam dates, click here. The final exams must be taken only in an IOU approved exam center. There are hundreds of designated IOU centers across the globe. You may look for a center near your home and register it. If there is no IOU approved exam center nearby, you can suggest an exam center and if eligible, we will approve it, even if you are the only student taking exams in it, in sha Allah. The exam center registration details can be accessed here.
8. All the module tests, assignments, final exams have due dates and deadlines, which the student has to abide by. The due dates can be verified in the “Event Schedule,” which is available on “My Home” or here.
9. There are forums in the course page, which are helpful in enhancing the student’s study experience.
Live Sessions Overview
- There are two live sessions held per semester for each course, one before the midterm exam and the other before the final exam. You may clarify your doubts in these sessions. Attending them is not compulsory and you may also watch the recorded sessions.
- For the tajweed courses, three live sessions are held each week in which students are required to recite the Quran to their tutorial assistants. For further details regarding the tajweed course guide, please visit this link.
- For the master's program and the courses that are offered for the first time in the undergraduate program, two live sessions are held each week for each course. You are required to attend one of these sessions either live or view its recording later to obtain a 5% class participation mark.
Important Instructions regarding Exams/Tests
- All tests and exams are closed book. You should not refer to the books or notes while attempting the tests.
- TA is not permitted to reveal the correct answers of the module tests. Please do not ask or email your TA with requests for the correct answers.
- Any email or question in this regard will not be entertained under any circumstances. A student who has made a mistake in his/her module test should go over the text or video recording to find the correct responses.
- Correction done on one's own is more beneficial and lasting, in sha Allah.