This question is related to the Campus Sectionof Islamic Online University
Here are some of the commonly asked questions related to Module Tests.
1. What is the time frame given for completing the modules' tests?
All pre-midterm module tests must be completed before attempting the midterm exam of the course and all post-midterm module tests must be completed before attempting the final exam. Please see the semester events' schedule of the semester on MY HOME page for the exact dates. It is highly recommended that you keep your pace and complete them on weekly basis.
2. While taking the module tests, I found in the same question answer options "all are correct" and "none of the answers are correct". Could you please explain what does it mean?
There are 5 options for each question in the module tests. If you find in the same question 'all answers are correct' and 'none of the answers are correct', it is referring to the remaining 3 options. For example, choosing 'all answers are correct' will exclude the 'none of the answers are correct' and vice versa. This is a standard in IOU testing across all courses.
3. How many attempts do I have for the module tests?
4. My reset application was rejected but I really have not attempted the test. However just wanted to see how it works?
Students are allowed just one attempt to write the module test and you must not use these tests for sample examination. To check the test format, type of questions, time duration etc. in order to get yourself accustomed with the module test set up; kindly use Demo course 1 module tests for the purpose. Any student who runs the risk of checking the module test in any course apart from demo course 1 must note that their application of reset will not be accepted at the Quiz Reset Application Portal and will be rejected straight away.
6. What are the criterion for having my module test reset?
Module test reset can be applied for the following reasons only
- Internet Connection Failure
- Power failure.
- Server Error
- Technical issue as hanging up of personal computer.
7. Are the students allowed to share the module test questions/answers through emails, forums, facebook, notes, etc.?
IOU policy is that students should not share module test questions/answers amongst themselves. The violation of this policy is actually "cheating" and the university will take strong action against those students found doing this in any way or form. Kindly also read the following for more details on this issue: Sharing Module Tests Students should contact the Tutorial Assistant if they need help with regards to module tests instead.
8. I am almost certain that there is an error in the module test and I am able to provide evidence to support it. Can I email my TA in this regard?
Use MCQ Error Reporting portal if you are certain that there is a mistake in the mcq and that the MCQ needs revision.
9. I made a mistake in my module test. Can I ask my TA for the right answer?
No. TAs' are not permitted to reveal the correct answers to the module tests. Please do not ask or email your TA with requests for correct answers. Any email or question in this regard will not be entertained under any circumstances. Student who has made a mistake in his/her module test should go over the text or video recording to find the correct responses. Correction done on one's own is more beneficial and lasting, in shaa Allah.
10. Can I contact my TA with clarification requests, if I did not understand a module test question or cannot find the right answer?
Yes. However, please note that TA can only clarify the question or point you in the right direction regarding the answer. It is prohibited for TA to reveal the correct answers to the student. So please do not request it.