Certificates and Transcripts
This question is related to the Campus Section of Islamic Online University
1. If I do not drop a course within the late dropping period and fail the course, and then pass it in a later semester, will it reflect on my Graduate Transcript?
Yes, there will be an asterisk (*) sign beside your marks of the course in your Graduate Transcript. The explanation of the asterisk (*) sign will be written at the back of the Transcript, denoting that it is a reattempted course. Please note that it will also appear if you repeated the course for improvement of grades.
2. If I repeat a course to improve my grades, will it reflect on my final Graduate Transcript that it is a reattempted course?
Yes, there will be an asterisk (*) sign beside your marks of the course in your Graduate Transcript. The explanation of the asterisk (*) sign will be written at the back of the Transcript, denoting that it is a reattempted course.
3. What is the grading scale of IOU‘s degree, diploma and certificate programs?
Following is the grading scale currently being used at all IOU degree, diploma and certificate programs in the Degree Campus:
4. I‘m going to complete my degree/diploma/certificate program soon. What is the procedure I need to follow to obtain my degree certificate?
Students, who have completed their degree are eligible to receive their graduate certificate. To receive your degree/diploma/certificate, shortly after completing the program, please send your graduation request via the
Graduation Application System
in ‘My Home’ in the Degree campus.
5. Is there any fee to be paid to receive my degree/diploma/certificate?
Yes, a one-time fee of $200 USD is applicable.
6. How will I receive my degree/diploma/certificate?
After the University receives your degree/diploma/certificate processing fees, please allow 6-8 months for processing and shipping. The certificate and graduate transcript will be mailed to your residence through courier service available in your country of residence.
7. Is there a graduation ceremony for the IOU graduates?
The Islamic Online University is proud of the achievements of its students. Hence, every country that has an IOU local representative holds a graduation ceremony. An online graduation ceremony hosted by the Chancellor, Dr. Bilal Philips takes place once a year to honor our graduates.
Students, who are unable to travel to the closest country with a local representative to attend the graduation ceremony, have the opportunity to arrange a graduation ceremony at the location most convenient for them. For more details, please contact the Help Desk.
8. Does IOU have an alumni association?
Yes, it does. The IOU Alumni Association has been established with the first batch of IOU graduates. For more information on benefits and membership of the IOU Alumni, please visit our website
9. Since the graduation certificate takes time for processing, can I get any provisional certificate for my further studies or employment?
Yes, once a student completes his/her studies and needs a provisional certificate can pay USD 50 and email helpdesk regarding the same. The details of the student would be asked and an unattested provisional certificate would be sent within 2 weeks, Insha Allah.